All game dates are in the format of Y/MM/W.
The game can be generally divided into five main phases:
- Bandit prologue
- Rebellion introduction
- Human realm free play, where the majority of the game takes place, and can be further divided into the general areas of, which can be completed in any order:
- Dark Lord showdown
- Creator epilogue(optional, not needed to beat the game)
There are very few hard limits on when/how the game is played:
- The Bandit phase is forced to transition into the Rebellion phase 3/06/3 if the player doesn't get out of it earlier.
- Before putting down the Rebellion, the player cannot attack any other city.
- The war vs the Monster Realm won't take place unless either the human realm is all unified first, or by approximately 4/11/1.
- The monster army won't attack immediately once the human realm is unified, unless it is near the end of LP4. They will only attack when the designated date is reached.
- The game will only enter the creator phase if the Kayblis is defeated and the player has conquered every territory (except Shangri-La, which can be independent).
Some of the soft limits are: