Rance in Rance Quest
|Affiliation|| Keith Guild, Leazas Liberation Army, Ice Flame, Oda House, Kopa Empire|
|Skill levels|| Sword Combat; 2, Shield Defense; 1|
|Appeared in|| Rance 1, Rance 2, Rance 3, Rance 4, Rance 4.1, Rance 4.2, Rance 5D, Rance 6, Sengoku Rance, Rance Quest, Kichikuou Rance, Mamanyonyo, Toushin Toshi 2, Daiteikoku|
|Mentioned in||Toushin Toshi, Persiom, Toushin Toshi 3|
- Note: This article is about the fictional character named Rance. For games that are titled Rance, see Rance series.
Rance is the eponymous character of the Rance series of games. His surname is unknown. On a note of sexual innuendo, the term "Lance" also translates into the identical Japanese word.
Rance is a skill level 2 swordsman. A kichiku warrior by nature, he is motivated by sexual instincts instead of love or justice. He lives in the a small town named Ice, of the Free Cities, and is member of the local Keith Guild, taking on various odd jobs when money runs out. He has a slave named Sill Plain, and owns a humanoid artificial lifeform named Athena 2.0.
His heroics have saved three out of the four major nations in the Continent from being conquered by Dark Lords, as well as helping quite a number of damsels in distress. On the other hand, his impulsive sex drive has, to put it extremely mildly, scarred quite a number of young women for life.
He is very uncomfortable in the face of romance from other girls that end up genuinely falling in love with him, especially evident when Uesugi Kenshin confesses to him during the events of Sengoku Rance.
In one of the non-canon endings of Sengoku Rance, Rance has rallied Leazas, Free Cities Alliance, Helman, Zeth and JAPAN against the demon army in The Demon Realm
- Warning – the following information contains spoilers to the various games Rance appeared in.
- Rance was born on January 5th
- GI1002 4 years old
- A one-armed warrior brought Rance, then 4 years old, to the village of Gomorrah Town. The warrior died a few days later. Rance was taken in by the village chief.
- GI1005 7 years old
- Rance became lost, and was left alone in a forest with monsters crawling.
- One week later, he returns to the village covered in blood.
- GI1006 8 years old
- Rance was strong in fist fights and became a leader of the brats of the village.
- GI1010 12 years old
- Graduated from elementary school
- GI1011 13 years old
- At 13 years old, Rance's perverseness awakens. He became quite a pro at flipping girls' skirts.
- GI1012 14 years old
- Had his first experience with the village chief's second daughter.
- Later on, he made moves on the village chief's elder daughter, as well as numerous other girls in the village (8 girls). As a result, he got chased out.
- Tried to rape the female warrior at first sight. After getting beaten up by her, she took him under her wing. Rance then began adventuring with the female warrior.
- GI1013 15 years old
- Taught how to interact with girls from the female warrior and learn how to prevent getting a girl pregnant though he mostly ignored these lessons. He was also trained in basic survival techniques and swordsmanship.
- Tried to rape the female warrior at every chance, but was defeated every time. He grew to respect her as a teacher and a mother figure.
- GI1014 16 years old
- The female warrior died during an adventure. Rance is left alone again.
- Tried getting a job as a soldier. He was kicked out a week later because he doesn't like taking orders.
- Tried to get into several guilds, but none of them suited him.
- Rance entered the guild of Keith, an old friend of the female warrior. He becomes Rance's father figure and gives him a position in the Keith Guild. Presumably this is when he started living in the town of Ice.
- GI1015 (= LP0000) 17 years old
- One of his victims, a girl in a wealthy family, had an abortion, causing Rance to begin taking birth control into consideration.
- A wicked woman named Sally tricks Rance into doing several dangerous missions for her, and ended up in a massive debt. He chased Sally for 2 months, and punished her thoroughly.
- Rance performed odd jobs for the Keith Guild for money.
- Six adventurers including Rance are brought together in a mysterious mansion. Soon, they found themselves locked up in the mansion and the master of the mansion is a wicked wizard who schemes to find out the Guardian Hero amongst the adventures and take over his body. The other five adventures all die, but Rance survives. He defeats the wizard.
- LP0001 18 years old
- While working as a body guard for a slave trader, he purchased a slave, Sill, from a slave trader.
- Investigated the kidnapping of Hikari, and rescued her.
- Princess Lia Parapara Leazas decided that Rance will have to marry her since he took her virginity.
- Rance met Kurusu Miki for the first time in Leazas Castle, though neither remembered the encounter years later.
- Defeated the Four Witches of Kathtom and saved the town of Kathtom.
- LP0002 19 years old
- Participated in the liberation of Leazas, and was named the Supreme Commander of the Leazas Liberation Army.
- Bounded the devil Ferris into his service.
- Obtained the Demon Sword Chaos, and defeated the Dark Lords Noce (killed), Ithere (killed), and Satella (allowed to escape). Defeated the former Demon King, Gele (which was unsealed by Rance's prior actions), and sealed her in a foreign dimension.
- Got thrown into the Floating City Ylapu by the God of Light. Helped in the creation of Athena 2.0. Escaped from Ylapu when it crashed.
- Saved Happiness Pharmaceutical.
- Rescued Rizna from the Genbu Castle.
- LP0003 The missing era (This era has not appeared in a game) 20 years old
- Had a duel with Arios The-O Man. Ended in a draw, but Rance suffered great injuries.
- Incident at Count Corpy's House (Devil Summoning).
- Rance goes undercover as a teacher (RANCE-SENSEI) at Oaks Vocational Academy to investigate missing students. Defeats the wicket teacher Kanibart.
- Rance embarked on a trip to seek out and assault The-O Man's former girlfriends (He has one everywhere).
- LP0003 Kichikuou Rance (WHAT IF)
- Married Lia Parapara Leazas. Started a war against the entirety of The Continent.
- Rance has unified the whole of The Continent.
- Final showdown with the Dark Lords.
- Challenges the GODS.
- (Demon King) Rance becomes the Demon King.
- (Best/True End) Won the showdown against Ludo-Rathowm and The Continent is saved.
- (Normal End) Ludo-Rathowm destroys The Continent.
- (Bad End) Rance sacrificed himself to destroy Ludo-Rathowm.
- (Worse End) Rance became a servant of GOD.
- LP0004 21 years old
- While performing a job for some Zeth official, got thrown into slave camp due to being disrespectful to a magic user.
- Escaped slave camp, and joined Ice Flame, an anti-government resistance group in Zeth to seek equality between magic users and non-magic users.
- Persuaded Ice Flame to join forces with the terrorist organization, Pentagon, and destroyed the mana battery powering Magi's Line, throwing the Zeth government into chaos.
- Prevented the Leazas army from taking advantage of Zeth during the Demon army invasion of Zeth. Persuaded Queen Lia Parapara Leazas to help Zeth fight back the Demon army.
- Defeated the demons Jeek (killed), The Saiseru (escaped), Albert (killed) and Kamilla (sealed). Restored the mana battery, allowing Magi's Line to decimate the Demon army invaders.
- Magic The Gandhi, daughter of the king of Zeth, was betrothed to Rance due to his heroics. Rance ran away from the wedding.
- LP0005 22 years old
- Hotspring trip to JAPAN. Had a chance meeting with Oda Nobunaga, became fast friends, and become the hidden ruler of the Oda House.
- Defeated Dark Lord Xavier (escaped) at the Honnou Temple Incident.
- Defeated JAPAN Holy Beast Orochi (killed).
- Defeated Xavier (killed) at the Tenma Bridge. Saved JAPAN from being sunk into the void. As a result, the Oda House ruled over the unified JAPAN.
- Rangi was born.
- LP0006 23 years old
- LP0015 Yamamoto route (WHAT IF)
- Rance has rally the entirety of The Continent to fight the Dark Lord.
- ≈LP0030 46 years old
- Around this time, Rance participated in the Toushin Toshi Tournament. He was disqualified after assaulting his female opponent.
He appears in Daiteikoku as the leader of Mongol raiders, named Rance Khan (after Genghis Khan). True to his character in the Rance franchise, he is completely unvoiced, and his sole purpose for raiding Japanese territories is to have sex with more girls. He sets his sights on Japan's Mikado after taking over Chun Empire's territories. His flagship is modeled after Maken Chaos ("Demon Sword, Chaos") and his companion horse (Jinba) is a cameo appearance of Sill Plain.
He is summoned as a hero by Nanasu.
Participated in the tourament and lost because he sexually assaulted his opponent. His appearance is only mentioned in the Toushin digest (an ingame MV program). It was not mentioned who his partner in the tourament is.
When not going out on an adventure, Rance has an average day
Morning: Wake up at 8:00 with sleepy eye as usual and H Sill. For breakfast, eat something delicious made by Sill. Take a walk or walk around in the city and then go to dungeon or H more girls
Afternoon: Go shopping
Night: Eat dinner with Sill. Then watch some magic vision, read book, then play with toys. Finally, H Sill then sleep.
Although he has saved Leazas from destruction, and defeated multiple Dark Lords, his reputation isn't too well known. One reason is the lack of wide scale media coverage in this world, but the major reason is because the nations involved have been intentionally keeping the information of his actions from spreading.
In Leazas, Princess Lia has been keeping information of Rance from spreading, so prevent attracting possible romantic rivals from spawning.
In Zeth, much of the details of the civil war were too potent for the public to know, and thus every details are kept confidential including involvement of Rance.
And he is the "shadow ruler" of Oda and not many people outside of Oda knows him in JAPAN. Rance himself goes around gloating about his accomplishments around the world, but no one takes him seriously and think him a liar.
Rance hobby is to collect rare shells an example is showed in Sengoku Rance Then make use of the auction, Rance likes to read girls manga since it means porn.
His most favorite hobby is SEX
Once upon a time, the Japanese H-game magazine "TECHGIAN" had a ranking to let the readers vote for their favorite H-game character. For a year, Rance held the first place. Then TECHGIAN changed the ranking to "your favorite H-game heroine", disqualifying Rance. (Source: 2-ch, "ランスシリーズ その１５１" thread, posts 552~560)
- He sometimes calls himself Rance Super King (A made-up name that he puts on his door).
- Sometimes he goes by Rance Claire, but this isn't his real surname.
- He can drink, but he does so just to look cool. He's not actually that strong a drinker, and in fact loses to King Gandhi in a drinking contest in front of Uruza during the events of Rance Quest.
- He doesn't believe in the preachings of the AL Church, and is not affiliated with any religion.
- Rance is a glitch in the Planner Scenario, he has potential to be the strongest person in the continent due to his lack of level cap.
- It is possible for Rance's lack of level cap to be genetically inherited by his offsprings, and as such, his daughter Reset Kalar also has no level cap.
- The seashells Rance loves to collect were from Shellfish, one of the earliest forms of life of the Rance World. They were the enemies of the The Round Ones, the first Protagonist Race, and eventually went extinct. As such, they are extremely valuable artifacts from a by-gone era which is why Rance is incredibly dismayed if one breaks.
- Rance currently "controls" 75% of the Human Realm.