- This article is for the 2013 remake. For the 1989 original, see Rance I.
|Rance 01 - The Quest for Hikari|
|Ransu Zerowan Hikari o Motomete|
(c)アリスソフト Box art
|Genre / Rating||RPG+ADV / 18+|
|Base price||￥5040, 4800|
This game is a remake of the 1989 classic, the first Rance game ever made 25 years ago. The gameplay system, graphics and everything else was revamped (on a much larger scale than they were for Rance 02) and will be a product by itself rather than being a part of a compilation such as Alice's Cottage.
Just like the original though, the game heavily features classic ADV-like interaction with the environment and characters (look, touch etc.) and 8-10 hours in length.
- According to AliceSoft, only one batch of DVDs will be produced and selling of boxed edition will be discontinued thereafter once stocks are exhausted. The DL version however will be on sale indefinitely.
- The boxed edition can be considered something of a "limited edition" from a collector's point of view due to its limited availability, and some exclusive goods like a hint booklet and game cards will come with it.
- The game received an OVA adaptation of 4 animated episodes, titled Rance 01: Hikari wo Motomete The Animation.
StoryEditRance is a brutish and perverted warrior that makes a living from several paid jobs he gets from the local Keith Guild in the town of Ice in the Free Cities Alliance, along with his relatively recently purchased and faithful slave Sill Plain.
One day, he receives a request to investigate the missing case of a noble girl from the majestic Kingdom of Leazas called Hikari Mi Blanc, who mysteriously dissappeared after atending a prestigious academy in the capital of the country. Upon realising that she's a cute girl, he accepts the job immediately and travels to Leazas along with Sill in order to find the missing girl, but he will soon find out that it's a case much deeper than it initially appears to be.
And so his Quest for Hikari begins...
Setting & LoreEdit
- Kingdom of Leazas
- Keith Guild
- Happiness Pharmaceutical
- Level God
- Magic Arts
- Guy Monsters
- Gal Monsters
System Requirements Edit
- CPU：Core2 Duo
- HDD：640MB free space
- Display：1024x768 Full Color
- Audio：WAVEAudio/DirectSound compatible sound card
- OS：Windows XP(SP2+)/Vista/7/8 Japanese Version
- DirectX：DirectX 9.0c or better
- DVD-ROM Drive for boxed edition