(c)アリスソフト Box art
|Release date||August 26, 2011|
|Genre / Rating||RPG / 18+|
|Base price||￥8500 (import guide)|
|Characters join condition|
|Hints and Tips|
|Rance Quest Magnum|
Version 1.100 fixes certain bugs, adds more quests, and tweaks the game mechanics. Notable changes include, but are not limited to, F Laser requiring only Level 38 to learn, being able to level-up more than once per battle, and removing Hammer Knowledge's effect of breaking the damage cap. If you are concerned about conflicts from applying the patch, although there should not be any, make sure to back-up your save data and ランス・クエスト.ain.
Version 1.15 corrects more bugs, and makes additional changes. First, it removes the skill templates; for instance, every character can now learn Capture Knowledge and Treasure Identification. And every Fighter can learn Berserker. However, all weapon knowledges initially cost 2 points, and then 3 points subsequently. Second, the encounter rate's formula has changed; encounter reducing/increasing skills are now based on footsteps. Lastly, the rate for rare items has improved.
In Version 1.15, 340 line of script is removed. These removed script correspond to 3 events. Removal of script is not announced in the patch, however, one can tell that there are removed script if one open up the database and check the amount of script between versions.
Version 1.6/2.01 1.6 is for normal Rance Quest and 2.0.1 is for the expansion pack (Magnum). The game is known to have some compatibility issues on some Intel boards.
Some major changes
- The interface will be revamped, and Matilda will be added as a PC plus the strategist galmon Battle Note will be added (appearance is different than in Galzoo Island).
- Molrun curse will be modified. The first time will be same as before (reset to 1), but 2nd time onwards it'll be -5 level, but level requirement for H next time will be raised, with the item still getting absorbed, so powerlevelling will be somewhat easier.
- A girl can only absorb FIVE items by H-ing. If you H'd your girl more than 5 times for item absorption, upto 5 excess items will be returned to your inventory. If you did this more than 10 times, then further absorbed items will be lost permanently. However, absorbed items can be changed in a quest
- Party screen will show 32 people at a time in the upper pane now (switchable between 10-char and 32-char display).
- There will be an encounter bar showing how long until next encounter happens.
- Items can now be locked to avoid accidental selling/donating.
- There will be a fast move mode that lets your movement be superfast.
- Zooming methods are slightly modified too but not sure what that's supposed to mean.
- Characters not participating in battle will also get a small amount of exp now.
- Mai-hime skill of Atago to be slightly powered up.
Rance Quest, technically "Rance VIII," continues sometime after the events of Sengoku Rance. Unlike the previous title, this is not a simulation game—instead, it is a role-playing game similar to Rance 6, but tweaked to include features from Sengoku Rance and Toushin Toshi 3. Based on teaser informations, parts of the story take place in the magic kingdom, Zeth, which explains the return of former Ice Flame members.
On May 20, 2011, a plot device was introduced to explain why formerly high-leveled characters, such as Uesugi Kenshin, begin at low levels. During the progress of this game, Rance will be cursed by Pastel Kalar, the Kalar queen, preventing him from H-ing women under "Level 35." Also, women he does manage to H will revert to "Level 1" due to the curse.
A trial version was released on May 27, 2011. Players may briefly read fourth-wall breaking conversations, explore the map, battle once, and submit survey reports to Alice Soft; the demo is mostly for players to test whether their systems can handle the 3D graphic-intensed game. On a related note, Rance Translation Project has released a fan translation of this demo.
On 13 Jan, an expansion with new CG and missions was announced, which released on 24 Feb 2012. This expansion is called Rance Quest Magnum. This version has since been updated with additional content from AliceSoft, both in form of official patches and unofficial add-ins and mods from AliceSoft staff.
Recommended System RequirementsEdit
Although not absolutely necessary, it is recommended to run the game on computers with DirectX 9.0c installed, and with at least the following:
- Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- Central Processing Unit: Intel® Core™2 Duo
- Random Access Memory: 1 GB
- The game's title and logo are acknowledged parodies of the Dragon Quest series. Although featuring elements from previous Alice Soft titles, its first-person perspective battles may be parodies too. Some fans even suspect the game's box art possibly references the Fire Emblem or Disgaea series.
- There is a Sengoku Rance magazine found in Aten Gnu (アテン・ヌー)'s room which is in her HCG.
- Each time your character level up, Virus, the level goddess from previous Rance games will show up in a mini form.
- Some fans Refer Rance Quest as "Where all Kawaii girls gathered" TADA said this once on one of his post