See also: Rance Quest:Quests
|Characters join condition|
|Hints and Tips|
|Rance Quest Magnum|
In Magnum version of Rance Quest, some quest have magnum feature which is a bar that fill up with battles and other events. If the bar is full when you clear the quest, you'll get a bonus item. The bonus Item if often (if not always) rare with high bonus stats (8 or 9 bonus stats is normal.)
Note: Every time you redo a quest that magnum feature bar needs more and more battles to fill up so it's better to complete it as soon as you can!!! You also have to have a free space in the found item inventory or else you won't get the bonus item!
Where to farm lv?Edit
According to Ms.Atona (In-game char.) the best map to farm level is Quest #97. Just try it and you will understand why. Though it is only for Char lv 35 and under.
Other places that are good for leveling:
- Quest #94 gives 1,500 to 5,000 EXP per battle. Red mines give 3,000 to 8,100 EXP. (45 and under)
- Quest #126 for money. Much easier and faster to finish (compared to other quests of it's level), has a good difficulty level (that means that you can get up to level 49 without penalty), possible to finish relying on Rance mostly, without changing the party (helps when you need to fast train just few characters, you need to take s-s-s-e-n-e route to do this). Red battle events give 4,000-16,000 EXP (the most exp are rewarded for battles against a group of level 40 mercenaries or against a group of 5 monsters, where two of them are huge whales). (49 and under)
- Quest #147 (Malgreed Dungeon X) for lategame farming exp/money. Each floor prior to Floor 200 will have 1 Happy Kyankyan for a free level up, noted by a green star (no "!" marks). It will be replaced by an Asshole if you redo that particular floor. Green star with a "!" mark will reveal currently explored map. This is the fastest way to level way beyond 50 when paired together with raising Happy Kyankyan's base EXP by the every-25-donated-items random event at Frostvine.
- There will also be two special areas that may or may not occur within the map. One area is the Room of Plenty, where lots of coins and chests will appear with no enemies. The other area is Room of Sudden Death, filled with very high level enemies and traps. These areas are repeatable and do not need to clear the quest for it to occur.
Having Sparta with Long Battle yellow skill is helpful in maximizing chance of enemy wipeout, thereby ensuring full exp bonuses from each battle. Be prepared for tough battles to be longer too.
- Note: The description below only apply for Rance Quest. In Magnum, Happy Rabbits are random encounters and all 10 fixed-location rabbit is removed.
By description of the game, there are only 10 in the world. Killing a happy rabbit gives a maximum of 100,000 Base EXP or the total amount of EXP required to go to the next level, whichever is LOWER. This amount can be increased by donating items to the shop.
Note that the exp reduction from the map is applied, so you will only get the resulting amount. As she only gives 100,000, when you're in your 40+ levels you probably won't level up from it.
There should be 10 in the world, they are in fixed blocks of certain quests, but in random locations. They show up as a green mark (no exclamation mark), so it should be easy to determine that it is them and not some other unimportant event in the quest. Since you don't have to walk up to it to complete the quest, it's not recommended to fight them with low level characters, even though they are extremely easy to beat. You'd really rather get a free level for higher level characters, takes much less grinding compared to leveling up a low level character.
List of all Happy Rabbits (幸福きゃんきゃん)
- Quest #26 at D2. Diff: 4.
- Quest #37 at B3. Diff: 16.
- Quest #42 at B3. Diff: 23.
- Quest #48 at C2. Diff: 32.
- Quest #54 at C4. Diff: 28.
- Quest #75 at C1. Diff: 40.
- Quest #94 at B1. Diff: 39.
- Quest #121 at B3. Diff: 13.
- Quest #124 at D4. Diff: 33.
- Quest #126 at C2. Diff: 43.
NOTE: Malgreed Dungeon X will ALWAYS have a Happy Rabbit at each level (See Quest details)
When a girl (Level 35 and above unless otherwise, for example Kenshin) is H-ed by Rance, the girl will revert back to level 1, and her skill points will be 2 for the first go, 2+2 for the second, up to +10 skill points. If the girl is H-ed when her level caps (ie 70/70 in the case of Kenshin), her level cap will increase by 3. So for this example, Kenshin's level cap will go up to 73. This can be repeated indefinitely. However the more you do this, the more experiences will required for each re-level up. If Rance H'ed a girl that is not at her max level, the level cap will not increase, but the skill points do go up by 2, to a max of 10.
However, in the patch (1.6/2.01), the second time of H, the girls level would not hit the bottom as the first time. It will reduce the level by 5. And the requirement level for the H increases per level.
All learned skills will be gone, thus you probably should H them ASAP, if you don't care about raising their level cap. Exceptions are two skills that can be learned through items - カイカイＵＰ(Kaikai UP - acquired with item 機々械々の破片) and Ｍ従魔の知識(Monster Handling Knowledge - acquired with item 女魔物使い教本).
EXP required for releveling is increased as well. For the first go, there is no penalty, but the second seems to say an increase of EXP requirement up to level 37. Level 1 on second curse needs the same EXP as lv3 of the uncursed/first cursed. Level 2 on second curse needs the same EXP as lv4 of the uncursed etc.
The item equipped in the first slot (the item that is gone if you remove them normally) is absorbed, i.e. the stat is added to the character's stat. Other items are simply moved to the storehouse (except items that can't be removed).
- KaikaiUP and Monster Handling Knowledge items doesn't require you to wait until the girl get H'ed by Rance to be absorbed. The moment you learn those skills and max cap them, you can immediately replace the item used with another item that can be absorbed for permanent bonus.
New-born Kenshin (Item was the bear sculpture increasing 10 attack):
Stun rate 30%
Critical rate 20%
0 for Def, M. Def, Status Resistance
After being H-ed 5 times each next time will not give girl additional skillpoints, but still will raise required experience. Also Rance will start gaining a bonus 100HP, 20Atk, 20MAtk, 10Def, 10MDef, 10Hit, 10Evasion for each H session with such girl. Note Rance only gains this benefit from the girl that has the most H session, so if you have H-ed one girl 6 times, Rance will not gain this benefit when you H another girl 6 times.
It seems that after being H-ed 10 times each next time won't give additional skillpoints to a girl or bonus to Rance stats, but experience requirement for leveling will finally stop rising. After 11th session Kenshin had the same requirement to next level as after 10th (613 exp).
Don't forget that although all other girls require level 35 to be H-ed, Kenshin only needs level 30 if you use her quest instead of castle event.
Stats gained through absorbed items has a limit. Health caps at +2000, (Magic) Attack / Defense at +500, Accuracy/Evasion/Stun/Resistance at +100, Speed at +50.
This is different in magnum, after initial M. you could no longer use the quest to M. character, but instead have to be done in the castle. Only the first time resets the level and any subsequent M. will result in a decrease in 5 levels, however, the requirement for the next M. will be 35 or the no. of M. damage x11, example, a Kenshin who has M.ed 5 times would need a lvl of 55 to have the next M. session, etc. Instead of the actual EXP amount, each re-leveling require just 30,000 EXP on subsequent M. If character's max possible level is higher than 40, the initial M. is recommended to be done as early as possible due to level reset.
You can have Lia join you by #63.
You should have her ASAP because of her x2 Fame skill !!
And do not forget to have her in the party before clear any quest.
Having Lia in your party does not double the Fame Points you obtain for all quests. Quests that do not involve roaming a maze, fighting, etc. do not appear to double. For example, missions 101-104. Normally, when you clear a quest, the next time you clear it, it'll give half the Fame Points rounded down. However, if you have Lia in your party when you clear a quest, the next time you check the quest, it'll no longer give any more Fame Points for completion. Hence, for all odd number of Fame Points you will get for a quest, it'll be best to have Lia in your party straight away, as compared to an even number of Fame Points. For example, if a quest gives 15 Fame Points on completion, the next time will be 7. Hence, if you have Lia only the second time, you will get 15+14 Fame Points, rather than 30 from having her in the party the first time. On the other hand, if the quest gives 10 Fame Points on completion, and you have Lia the second time, you still get 10+10 in total, which would be the same as if you had Lia in the party the first time. However, since odd numbers of charisma, when halved, are rounded down, it is best to use Lia and drain all the charisma points before the rounding starts to cause permanent charisma loss.
In the first world, you'll end up with 12 Charisma regardless of using Lia. But in the second world, Lia is required to achieve 13 Charisma.
Magnum 2.082TADA: In the non-Magnum storyline if you don't repeat quests to the amount when you lose Charisma by rounding down before getting Lia, then you can actually end up with 13 Charisma points. This means however you can't farm some better items till Lia and you likely have to use temporary save tactic in the harder quests.
Meet a girl in the castle every time you finish a questEdit
Because when you meet a girl once in a castle the castle will become "Cleaning!" and you cannot enter. You have to finish a quest and it will become available again. Works with already completed quests (try ones that have only battles and no maps if you just want to visit girls)
Each time you meet a girl, she will gain 1 skill point. Eventually talking to the same girl will not give any more skill points. You can get up to 3 free skill points and this number appears to reset when Rance H-s a girl and she returns to level 1. In versions older than 1.6/Magnum, this number also resets if you use the item that resets a character's skill points equal to what they would have at their current level. For example, Kenshin at level 70 using this item will give her 69 skill points. You can then go to the castle selecting her and can get 3 more skill points. There seem to be girls like Torako and Katsuko who won't appear unless you get them to level 35 (which is H event, instead of +1 skill point event), thus those girls initially will not be able to get the +3 skill point bonus. Do not rely on the 'New' indicator for the 3 skill point bonus, that only indicates newly unlocked conversations and not skill point awards. Otherwise skill points can in fact be obtained by repeating previously done conversations as long as the limit isn't reached.
- NOTE: Finish up quest #136 : Cockroach Extermination and you'll be able to visit the castle anytime you want. This quest removes the "Cleaning!" problem, since there's nothing left for the castle maids to clean.
Donate items instead of selling themEdit
All items, however rare they are, will only sell for 10G. But if you donate 25 items to the Frostvine shop ( if you sell, it will just be 250G), a rare item will show up in the shop. Every 25 items a rare item will be on sale.As long as there are items to unlock, new rare items will appear upon every 25 donation. Some rare items are only sold once, and can be re-unlocked again on 25 donations. Unlockables are: all food item ranked B and A, T-shirt(armor), and hanny zippo(accesory).
Sometimes when you donate 25 items there is no event in the shop (statistically one out of four times). Perhaps it's due to leaving all B-rank items in shop without buying them. But it seems that if you don't buy them chances to get A rank items increase.
- Another Tip: Clearing #83 again and again will give you lots of clubs and other items to donate.
These quests give you a free 1 level for your entire party (only apply to people under level 40). So please take this quest wisely.
In this, the "entire party" includes those that are in your waiting slots, not just the 5 characters you picked out for your team.
Btw, if you really want to watch the event but still don't want to get free level, just close the game before the quest finish.
You get Charisma points for these, so you might as do them regardless of the free levels.
Hammers have very high attack power rating. However, most are capped by the attack skill (500 at attack 1, 1000 at attack 2, and 2000 at Weapon Attack 3). This may cause some frustration. With Hammer skill at 2 star, damage limit is removed, so even your attack 1 can do 1000+ or more damage (WARNING !! this feat is removed with 1.1 patch). On a downside, the accuracy of hammers is really low, decreasing your accuracy by -10~-99. And hammer always has a chance to miss (15% for Weapon Attack, and 25% for other skills) no matter how high your accuracy is. Thus, it is best used with Crane (personal weapon adds few ATK, but 100% stun rate), or someone who can do good stunning. Stunned enemies cannot dodge, so hit rate becomes 100%. This information may help you make a good team.
Hammer has 2 skills.
Impulse 【インパルス】 is an AOE attack that have +75 to stun chance. There is no damage limit, however attack power is halved.
Mattock Crush 【マトクラッシュ】 is a single hit attack that have +100 to Attack and -50 to Accuracy. There is no damage limit and your attack power does 2.5x more damage.
Hammer have a very low hit rate on Flying/Floating targets. It's somewhere around 25~40% Max hit rate.
Use spear and upgrade Spear Mastery 【槍の知識】to 2 stars for ranged attacks.
Multi-Thrust 【槍連撃】, a 2-4 hits x0.6 attack, is reusable in the same battle; Gale Thrust 【疾風突き】 +5% Attack and +5 Speed is stackable for the current quest duration.
Spear Mastery provides versatility in expense of firepower as compared to Sword Mastery.
Though it may seem shameful to make a run, even against weak enemies, and a total waste of Skill Points to increase your chances of escaping, it is actually one of the most important skills in my opinion. You must recall that your attack skills are numbered. Wasting them on weak mobs would cause you to not have enough attacks for the strong ones, or bosses. Escaping can help make some long quests slightly easier.
【威圧】 is a very unique skill that not many possesses. Two characters bearing this skill would be Kenshin and Kibako. The skill description says that it gives 20% rise that weak random enemies you encounter would run away, which can save you a lot of time and trouble for clearing quests(provided you are as strong, if not stronger than these mobs).
How this skill works and the effectiveness of it is heavy reliant on your party's average level vs the dungeon/quest difficulty. For example, even if Kenshin/Kibako is Lv52, but your other 4 party members are Lv30s doing a dungeon level difficulty of 36. You'll still run into random encounters very often, because your party average level is only 34.
There is an innate rate which monsters will run in encounters if your team average is higher than the quest lvl, those skills boost this rate
Athena level is always 1, has no skill points, and can only attack three times at max. However, she has 5 yellow skills that allow her to increase her stats after each battle if the corresponding stat is lower than that of the person in the front to the left of her (meaning she must be in the back row). Also, her HP and number of attacks are reset after battle.
The yellow skills (from top to bottom): Attack learning (+3), Hit learning (+2), Speed learning (+1), HP learning (+5), Critical learning (+1).
The Black Bracelet and The Hikkikomori - Why is this character suddenly pulling out of party!? Edit
The character equipping the Black Bracelet (魂の枷) will lose his motivation, and is removed from party immediately. There doesn't seem to be any advantage. A gloomy atmosphere floats about it. Basically, don't ever equip it.
On that note, the sorcerer Aten Gnu also has a passive "Hikkikomori" skill which gives her a 20% chance of withdrawing from the party after the end of every battle. Why? "Because it's bothersome."
- Characters with above conditions won't retreat on maps without random battles, such as the final cockroach extermination quest.
- In Rance Quest Magnum, you should save 5 of these as they will be required for a quest. 5 more for a new character. They will be exchanged into Alice's coins, enabling any character (except Amu) to learn Alice's Blessing (A L I C E 加護) for 1 SP.
Improving Shop Weapon and Armor QualityEditAs each weapon and armor is purchased from the shop, its quality will improve by 1 rank, up to 5th rank (In Magnum, item quality can go to 9th rank (9)). Each rank boosts the ATK or DEF base by 5%. This also affects the rank of weapon and armor drops obtained in quests. The best way to take advantage is: buy the equipment 4 times, until (5) is shown on the equipment. Then go hunt for it in a dungeon. This will get you the same ranked item that would be even better than from the shop. Sample picture showing the stats improvement from the rank number after item name (picture include).
To unlock the upgraded weapons, purchase the same Rank B equipment at least once. After Rance reaches Lv 32, an upgraded version of that weapon will be available on next shop visit. The upgraded weapons are レイピア改, バスターソード改, ハンマーＢ改, スピア改, ロングボウ改 and ナックル改.
Unlock Requirements for Purchasable Weapons & Armors:
- Lv 23: Rank B Weapons & Armors
- Lv 32: Rank B upgraded Weapons
- Lv 43: Rank A Weapons & Armors
- Lv 49: 1 Rank CC & Rank AA Armors
Houseki(宝石) appears as an open blue jewel case with a gem inside it. You can start obtain it randomly from any dungeon, once you've triggered an event with Crane that talks about it and have Quest #80 unlocked. Once you get one, you can take quest #80 to exchange it for a +10 level-cap item. You can repeatedly and indefinitely obtain the jewel and exchange it, however you can only have one jewel at a time - you won't gain another one until you've traded the current one you have.
High lv item Edit
Class Civilians can learn skill "Open Luck(開運)", makes item better that comes from Treasure Box.
Character Tomato Puree (トマト・ピューレ) has skill "Increased Treasure Box".
This combination is very useful at item farming.
Additional useful combination : Kenshin/Kibako ("Horror to weak Enemy"), Biscuitt, and Crane ("Open Treasure Box" and "Stealth Movement")
If you want to search good item for hard quest need fight strong boss, then i know 2 map you can find: #93 and #126. That's 3 note:
- Try complete 3 bonus below mini map, it will lv up your item and may be
lower the lv need to use item, you see, the bow need lv 50 to use but when i complete 3 bonus the lv is 47.- #93 you need go right-right-right-up-up-left-down-left-left-up-up (all square) to finish 3 bonus and #126 you should go right-down-right-up-right-down-down-down-left-up to finish 3 bonus.
- #93 easier and found more item than #126 but #126 have a treasure near finish green event that
always usually give good item.
Ah, if you want a warrior to use spear or ranger use claw( or dagger, sorry i don't know what is it but it very rare) you can find here, i found a good spear and Rizna is using.
- Recommend party for #97: One high level sorc with lots of moves, one high level guard, one civilian with open luck (prefer Lia with her lighting attack to kill Hani), Tomato and some rangers (I need to use up to 5th ranger, which mean there are at least 16 treasure chests, thanks to Tomato). Blocks with yellow bonus item: D4, B4, C3 and B1, follow the long route.
- #227(Boss 100 - World 3 only) is the best place to get high level items. Prepare a team with: Merim(Master ID and Open Luck), one or two rangers with max Open Chest and Tomato(Idk if her "xxx Love" skills work though). Start quest and open all the chests, reload if no chest or nothing good came out. Fight mobs in 4x red mines(cockroaches, sumoes, flexgrapes...) then fight the boss in red star at center to clear(Ice Gigas and 2x Happy).
Merim Tser Edit
Merim has a skill that allows you to identify all treasures when you receive them. This means that you won't be able to use the 3 bonuses to strengthen the item, but alternatively it means you don't have to spend money to gamble on a level 6 item that turns out to be a bone.
I've received some nice equips (level 9 even) with her in the party, and it saves a lot of money. Note that she has another skill that makes all monsters target her, so she may die quickly.
Organizing your questsEdit
Quests are displayed by default in the order of their number. It is possible to put favourite quests (that you often use) to the beginning of the list by checking the upper left button above quest description. It is useful for such quests as N80 (where you exchange treasure box for level enhancement item), N88 (where you get a book with monster handling skill), N126 (good for leveling and gathering items) and any other quest that you like. Also it is possible to temporarily remove quests from the list by checking the upper right button above quest description. Quest will be moved to the list of unused quests (accessed by clicking a grey button in the upper right corner of the screen) and will remain there until dragged back to the main list. Be careful though, if quest becomes active again (this can happen with quests N13 "Alice mansion" and N16 "Scout in Bar"), it will still remain in that list, so check it from time to time.
Crane is known as a person who knows a lot of secrets. She attracts a lot of rumors. If you have her in a party, you will see some events where random people give hints about new party members. You can check those hints at page 35 on information screen (second button to the right from the system menu).
Multiple attack skillsEdit
Though the attacks will be randomly targeted, skills like Bow's Multi-Shot 【弓連射】 and Spear's Multi-Thrust 【槍連撃】 are to be activated at the character panel for maximum number of attacks on weak enemies or for multiple stuns.
If skill is activated on an enemy, attack will end prematurely even if it only takes 1 hit to kill.
Damage caps work differently in recent versions. Previously, 500 damage was the absolute maximum with Weapon Attack 1.
Now, characters can now naturally exceed any damage cap. However, the damage will be reduced if it's higher than the damage cap listed in the skill's description. So--for example--if your character is strong enough, Weapon Attack 1 can deal 700 damage even though the damage cap is 500.
- To further understand more about the damage cap:
Example: 【武器攻撃１】 has a damage cap of 500. 【武器攻撃2】 has a damage cap of 1000 and 【武器攻撃3】 has a damage cap of 2000. There is a skill known as 【ダメージ上限】 that can raise this limit by +100% at max rank. If you set up your characters that have high P.Atk or M.Atk, it's very ideal to learn 【ダメージ上限】 and max rank it to take advantage of the extra damage your basic attacks can do. For example, If you're going to use hammer, it's a must to learn that skill.
Stun Chance CapEdit
It does not matter how high you raise your Stun parameter, maximum chance for stunning an enemy is 75%. This can be checked by reading the battle log (bottom right hand corner) after you make a hit. Can be raised beyond 100% for bosses with higher resistance.
- Stun only applies to physical attacks, including Ranged and AOE. Paramount in higher Worlds.
- Higher non-magical damage on stunned enemies.
- Stun takes precedence over poison. A poisoned enemy will be 'miraculously' cured after being stunned as game mechanics allows only 1 active negative status.
Last world of magnum game, which has a lot of changes compare to previous worlds:
- Skills: First thing can be seen is all the stats up yellow skills (strengthen attack...) will become white skills (passive skills), thus you don't need to equip them for full effects. There are also new "bonus damage" skills from 3 to 5 after you get "bonus damage 2". Some character's skills are changed also (for example Rance's "Brutal Attack" can get to 3 uses max).
- Monster: As showed in ingame Tips, they are 4x stronger, some can even ohko your characters even with proper equipments (for example Valkyrie can 5000~10000 per hit ignore defense) and some bosses will take forever to kill (even with a lv150 average party, it's impossible to kill Anmos or Gunagun, while Black Dragon will need all your moves). In some quests, Battle Note will show up in boss fight, it's wise to assassinate them asap, list of quests so far: #64, 65, 72. There are also 2 new monsters: Love Gate, same as Gate but apparently "older", he gives a lot of exp (1 million is the highest so far) and can be seen very often, most of the time is with a Valkyrie; Gold Coin, they are gold coins just like the name, no action but high evade and HP, each coin dropped after killing them will give 2000 gold. "Weak monster" does not exist in this world, thus Kibako and Kenshin's unique skill "威圧" is useless.
- Quest: Not much changes beside from 2 new unique quests: Boss 100 and Boss 200. Both are good for getting items, the first one's boss is Ice Giga - fast and hit hard, even at 99% tolerance you will still be stunned often. The second one's is Kaito, same as the one in #192, Guard with 4000 Def will receive ~9000 damage per hit (note that he still can deal two hits per turn). Another noticeable change is in #77, all the Green Stars will warp you to next +10 floors by default, which makes the quest a lot easier than in previous world (not with Full Kalar though).
- All the S-rank M-items will show up in shop.
- All characters are morurunable in this world from the beginning, and infinitely so.
- All unique equipments are removable(Angel's Mirror, Stealth Suit, Stealth Tech, Harumaki, Hiroshi-kun, Remnant), be careful when removing them though, for example Hiroshi-kun turn out to be Civilian/Sparta only.
Even though your "quick save" files will be destroyed when you resume the game, you can back up those files and restore whenever you want. There are 3 files total, all come with "ランス・クエスト_920" in the names. This will be convenient sometime, for example when you get rare items, in #147 because route, mobs, bosses in here are random, in #199 before the last quiz show (highly recommend, because this is a very long quest, and one wrong answer will ruin your whole effort, also to retry for different rare items)...