The first character you'll get in the game (well, minus Sill), Rocky is much more useful than he looks. Don't be fooled by his low level limit, he gets events that raises his level through the game.
Rocky has high SP and with careful upgrades, he will be useful throughout the mid and early game. Unfortunately, he does get a little overshadowed by others end-game, but thanks to his high SP still remains useful as someone who will take you through regular battles together with other mediocre characters while you save your best fighters for bosses and tougher troops.
- If you can't decide what to upgrade, go for increased damage for "Boomerang Axe".
- You may wish to upgrade "Ally Guard". Do not upgrade it more than twice as at 2 upgrades Rocky already activates it often. In fact, you may wish to only upgrade it once.
- You may also wish to upgrade the accuracy of "Assistance" once.
Rocky's basic attack. It doesn't require any turn charging, so it's completely spammable.
It deals physical damage and has melee range.
Rocky covers his allies and takes damage for them when they are attacked. It only works on physical attacks. Very useful skill, especially early on.
Not recommended to upgrade it too much or Rocky will block more attacks than he can take.
Attacks all the enemies in the front line.
Doesn't seem useful initially due to its low damage, but upgrading greatly improves the damage it can deal.
Rocky uses all his remaining SP to completely heal him in battle. It can't be used if he only has 1 SP left.
Useful in boss battles.
|Assistance||Rocky increases the Defense of one of his allies by 10%.|
Allows you to run away from the battle.
This is always successful when you can use it, but it doesn't work in most boss battles, where it becomes unavailable instead.
Weapons and ItemsEditWhen you get to the Disposal Labyrinth, there is a "maze" where you have to choose two directions to move in. Choose Right/Right and activate the star event to receive Rocky's weapon. Fountain Goddess Youko will give Rocky his Golden Battle Axe.
- Usa Usa Mask / Glass Art - Both of these items increase Rocky's defense, if you were using him as a defensive character (you are not planning to use him as an offensive character, right?).
- Fire Pendant - Reduces damage from Fire attacks.
- Exclusive Nurse-chan - Consider using this if you have a spare one. Rocky's SP is high but his HP bar tends to drain faster than his SP bar, so this'll help him last longer and make use of all his SP while fighting through generic monsters.
- Aside from Rocky, Rance and Copandon are the only two characters who also have the Tactical Withdrawal skill.