Most AliceSoft games, especially newer ones, are designed to run on the Japanese version of Windows 98, Me, 2000, and XP, with DirectX support. Most people running Windows XP with trouble installing or playing AliceSoft games is because AliceSoft have a tendency to use Japanese filenames for their games' data files.
To solve this issue, follow the following steps:
- From the "Start" menu, go to "Settings", and open up "Control Panel".
- From the Control Panel, open up "Regional and Language Options".
- Click on the "Advanced" tab within "Regional and Language Options" window.
- Under "Language for non-Unicode programs", select "Japanese".
- Click "Ok", and restart your computer.
You may need your Windows XP installation CD in the process.