Number coloring Edit
- Red - Special things for collection purposes (You have most of them by default)
- Blue - Expendable items: effects upon use include troop healing and stat-boosting.
- Green - Personal equipment: Affects the character equipping it.
- Yellow - Global equipment: Affects everyone, but needs to be equipped by somebody to take effect.
- Purple - Battle permits: Allows equipped units to attack and capture an enemy territory at the beginning of every end-turn phase.
- NOTE: Some items cannot be unequipped once worn.
- B - Obtained randomly from troop Battles. Some of these items drop deterministically:
- After the start of any turn which has a turn number ending in 6 the next battle that you win while attacking an enemy-owned province will be guaranteed to give you exactly one of the Atk/Def/Int/Spd textbooks which give +1 to a stat, each with an equal probability of being obtained. These occurrences stack, but only one book will be given out per won battle.
- Every time that the player wins an army battle without a post-battle event playing* a counter (with an initial value of 0) will be increased by one. Every time that this counter reaches a multiple of 4 the player will be given one of the four affection increasing items, each with equal probability of being obtained.
- *There are 5 post-battle events where the counter still appears to increase. Namely: The event where Kenshin gains one point in the Emperor Race, the event where Infected troops are burned, the event where Teru is told that she'd make a good husband for Rance, the event where 3G is told about Lelia being captured, and the event where Ogawa Kentarou's unit are surprised that he is alive.
- D - Obtained randomly from passing through a Dungeon floor, or when retreating from dungeon. Except for Ogre Bones (item 5), all other drops are rather rare.
- DD - Obtained randomly from fully clearing a Dungeon.
- DE - Obtained from rEpeating the final floor of a cleared Dungeon. (but you'll almost always receive an Ogre Bone from repeating cleared dungeons)
- L - Obtained from Imposing a Levy
- P - Obtained from Purupet shop
- S - Obtained from Satisfaction Bonus (might not be available if too many other bonus options take precedence)
- Location name - Obtained by an exploration event at the location.
- 2nd - Can be obtained as Second Game bonus if unlocked.
NOTE: In repeating a cleared dungeon, you normally obtain 2 items. The first is usually Ogre Bones, and the second is marked DE. It is possible to obtain anything marked D instead of the Ogre Bone for the first of the two items though it is EXTREMELY rare. Additionally, there will sometimes be events that will replace an item drop.
NOTE: Imposing a levy will net Gold and either an attack, defense, or intelligence textbook. The amount of Gold gained from the levy depends on how long the province has been held (2000 G initially, but can grow to a max of 5000 G after 30 turns), while the books rotate starting with attack, then defense, then intelligence.
Items usually work in both commander and troop battles, the Murasame sword increases damage by 20% in both cases. The Orochi Fang and Ryuuguu sword only affect physical damage however. Dungeon walker does not work if the commander is switched in, and it does not work in commander battles outside of a dungeon. Town battles (ones with 10% battlefield effect) do not count for either Field battles weekly or How to seige castles.
Items 1~30 (Red/Blue) Edit
Rance's ero diary
Storage box (blue)
Storage box (red)
Allows a commander to be used again (drag over the commander listing, then pick the commander's name).
|ＪＡＷＳな屏風 JAWS Screen
Items 31~75 (Green) Edit
Demonic Sword Chaos
Holy Sword Nikkou
When you enter the Demon King Route, Nikkou is automatically removed from Kentarou.
Power Golden Bear
Strange Quick Bug
How to Siege Castles
Japan's Field Battles Weekly
Charm of the Immortal Fox Deity
Seal of Approval
Sousou Poison Dagger
Ryuuguu Sword Urashimaru
Blue Seal Case
Youkai Stone / Sesshouseki
Uesugi Charge Unit
Cavalry Assault Team
Battle Miko Unit
Items 76~90 (Yellow/Purple) Edit
Increase income per turn by 10%.
Increase income per turn by 10%.
Increase income per turn by 10%.
Decrease recruit cost of increasing troop size by 12 gold.
Decreases points needed for scouting by 4.
Black Tri-Star Doctors
Heals every unit by 3 people per turn.
Complete Kaguya Event at Mikawa, 2nd
Heals every unit by 5 people per turn.
Heals every unit by 7 people per turn.
Heals every unit by 9 people per turn.
Increases troop size of all units by 1 per turn. Character is automatically marked as exhausted at the beginning of each turn (but can act normally in dungeon battles). Can only be removed by using Motivation Paper (item #11) to refresh character, so equip with care.
Battle Permit (footsoldier)
Permits the unit to attack enemies autonomously. Can only be equipped on a footsoldier unit with 1000 or more troops.
Battle Permit (Warrior)
Permits the unit to attack enemies autonomously. Can only be equipped on a Warrior unit with 1000 or more troops.
Battle Permit (ninja)
Permits the unit to attack enemies autonomously. Can only be equipped on a ninja unit with 1000 or more troops.
Battle Permit (tactician)
Permits the unit to attack enemies autonomously. Can only be equipped on a tactician unit with 1000 or more troops.
Battle Permit (diviner)
Permits the unit to attack enemies autonomously. Can only be equipped on a diviner unit with 1000 or more troops.
- All Operation permits are acquired automatically at turn 61 or as Second Game bonuses.
- Since acquisition of permits is a beginning of turn event, it is possible for the event to be preempted by high-priority events. (For example, in this editor's last game it took until turn 66 due to consecutive storyline events.)
- To successfully use permits, it counts how many troops your equipped unit currently has, not their maximum, so be sure to heal them to 1000 first.
- Permit holders always reclaim territories in your provinces before attacking enemy territory. Note that they are not intelligent in how they do this - it's random.
- All attacks with permits are always successful, except attacks on Demon Army controlled territory in the Africa areas (including Senkan Nagato) in the True Route. However the attacking troop may lose more than 1000 troops. Thus it may be more advantageous to leave battle permit holders' troop sizes at 1000.
- You may gain stat increase books from battle permit attacks. The condition for this is unknown, but while the type of book may change from reloading, when you get the book does not. You cannot gain a book of skill (increase action points) this way. (needs confirmation) However, you can gain books of speed, which are rarer than attack, defence, and intelligence books as they cannot be gained from imposing a levy.
- Permits cannot be used to take over the last territory of a province.