|Affiliation|| Uesugi House|
|Level limit|| 35|
|Skill levels|| Sword Combat Lv1, Spear Combat Lv1|
|Appeared in||Sengoku Rance, Rance Quest|
She is in constant competition with Torako, rivalry that goes both ways. Their relationship is pretty bad, being constantly fighting and arguing, but they still trust in each other in the battlefield, and they both share great admiration for Uesugi Kenshin.
After defeating the Uesugi family, Rance picks her and Torako out of a lineup for H. However, she even treated this as a competition and felt superior to Torako because Rance chose her first over her rival. (Furthermore Rance commented she was prettier than Torako. However whether Rance genuinely thought so or was it a spur-of-the-moment remark because he was having H with her at that time is unknown.)
In Rance Quest she, along with Torako, follows Kenshin outside of JAPAN. She's next in line to replace Kenshin as the head of the Uesugi House after she gets married with Torako's brother, since Kenshin wants to leave the house to follow Rance.
- She often insultingly calls Torako, "Kumako" (Bear girl) due to her accessory looking like a bear's ears on her head. Sometimes Rance also calls Torako the same to tease her.
- Since she married with Torako's brother, this turns them into sisters-in-law.
- Real world reference: wikipedia:Uesugi Kagekatsu / wikipedia:ja:上杉景勝
- Torako ranked 19th in the Rance Quest popularity poll, while Katsuko didn't even make it to the poll of the first 30. This, along with her new position in the Uesugi House, led the fanbase to declare that Torako "won" over Katsuko.
- Possibly as an answer to this, in the RWN, Torako shows with a mocking expression while Katsuko is shown teary-eyed.