|Affiliation|| JAPAN, Uesugi House, Oda House, Rance|
|Level limit|| 70|
|Skill levels|| Sword Combat Lv2|
|Appeared in||Sengoku Rance, Rance Quest, Rance IX: The Helman Revolution|
The leader of the Uesugi House and known as the "Goddess of War", her swordsmanship is unparalleled in JAPAN. She often leads the charge into enemy forces like an unstoppable whirlwind. Many female generals gather to her from all over JAPAN.
Whenever she learns that another country is in danger and needs help, she will immediately send forth her troops without consideration of the situation of her own house.
Personality and AppearanceEditContrary to what many people expect, Kenshin is a gentle and submissive girl. She's nice and respectful to everyone and is never seen angry. She has an almost mother-daughter relationship with her subordinate Naoe Ai. She usually follows every instruction obediently and is not one to step up to express her disagreement over matters. It's this passive and good behaviour what left her vulnerable to her uncle's betrayal during the events in Sengoku Rance, who she was still willing to forgive after he was defeated. She's what would be described as a perfectly pure girl, with no evil thoughts or intentions.
In the battlefield however, she takes an aggresive and frontal stance. She has a quite intimidating aura and jumps to her enemies with no regret. Naoe Ai claims that she's too reckless and should think more carefully.
She's devoted to the JAPANese god Bishamonten, who she usually prays to and who she usually turns to when she's in situations where she's mentally confused or doesn't know how to act. When this happens, she takes her sword and meditates alone until she reaches a conclusion of how to proceed.
She's quite a glutton, eating way more than the average man. Even Rance was surprised by how much bigger her portions are to the regular lunchs, which often embarasses her. She seems to have a weak spot for sweets and candies.She fell in love with Rance in the battlefield, which has her subordinate Ai worried. At first she was in a contradiction about what to do with her feelings, since they were enemies, but after he saved her and the Uesugi House from her uncle Kensei's coup she joined him in the Oda House. She was the first woman to actually give an honest declaration of love to Rance (Lia too but she was more of a crazy stalker), which shocked him and didn't know what to do. Rance was so confused by it that he couldn't even look at her and would usually just run away, which depressed Kenshin. Eventually Rance was able to answer to her feelings and consider her another one of his women. Kenshin never showed even the slightest bit of jealousy over Rance having sex with other women, and has even been happy for her subordinate Ai to hear that she also has grown to like him.
AbilitiesEditKenshin is JAPAN's strongest fighter to the point she received the title of the "Goddess of War". In battle there's no-one in JAPAN capable of defeating her in a one on one combat, outside of Mouri Motonari while cursed.
She's an expert with the sword and has a Sword Skill Lv2. She is so proficient with it that even other strong combatants such as Rance or Leila stood little chance against her. She delivers fast and strong blows in a quick succession and can perform flash attacks where she's lost from the enemy's sight. As a Level 2, she has a unique skill of her own called Cartwheel Sword, an onslaught of slashes that attacks everything around her at unbelievable speed and strength.
Her fame has reached that far to The Continent that many powerful swordsmen have been willing to challenge her whenever they get the chance. The Red Death of Leazas, Rick Addison, has shown interest in dueling her but said duel has yet to take place.
She has a level cap of 70, which is extremely high, and her current level is 63.
- Inspired by the historical figure Uesugi Kenshin. There is a theory in Japan that claims that Uesugi Kenshin was actually female, based on a couple of pieces of historical evidence.
- Uesugi Kenshin is a name passed down through the generations for the leader of the Uesugi House. The remainder of this article describes the Uesugi Kenshin during Dark Lord Xavier 's last revival in the year LP0005.
- In a poll made for the most popular heroines in visual novels, Kenshin ranked in the 1st place, beating even Saber for a very small gap.
- Kenshin made a cameo appearance as a playable character in Eiyuu Senki, where she appeared as an extra unit that could be recruited in a secondary event.
- In the Sengoku Rance popularity poll she was ranked in the 1st place. In Rance Quest however she was 4th, which is still very high though.
- Along with Minerva Margaret, she's the world's strongest female human. At least when it comes to physical fighters.
- Despite this, Minerva held greater potential than she does, on account of her higher level cap.
- After Minerva's death during the events of Rance IX, Kenshin became the uncontested strongest female among human fighters.
- The title of the World's finest swordsman belongs either to her or to Rick Addison.