- オロチ = Orochi
- 退治 = to defeat, to beat
Do NOT freak'n trust Bablefish. Use it as a reference point, but do not in any hell trust it. -Afker 18:27, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
Re: オロチ退治 Edit
I know it's Orochi but I just want to make sure things before editing. Btw bablefish can't translate the word オロチ so i try to get this オロチ退治 route to find out more about it. -Banisher
- Then don't remove MY edits. Just because you aren't sure of things, doesn't mean others aren't. It's not a "route", it's just something you do. You go to the Orochi Cave and defeat the Orochi. -Afker 18:20, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
Well I did try to go to the Orochi Cave to defeat Orochi but the moment I step out ,I can't attack Orochi again. -Banisher
- You always only have one chance to challenge the Orochi. If you choose not to fight it, you can never go back and fight it again (unless you load up an older save game or start a new game). That has nothing to do with the 1.01 patch fix. -Afker 02:03, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
some answers Edit
- For Miki and the explosion, See Sengoku Rance:FAQ.
- As for the character template, I'm not sure where the problem is. It looks alright to me. Can you describe the problem? The only "probleM' I can see with it is that it seems Sengoku Rance-specific, as opposed to being a generic template for any AliceSoft character.
-Afker 20:00, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- In the Alicesoft offical site it says it is Ouka Toki :o
- Here's the link http://www.alicesoft.com/saboten/chara10.html
- Yeah I made a typo -Afker 02:02, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
minor princesses Edit
Where those princess live depend on the order you conquered the provinces. Since they serve absolutely no significance (and because they don't actually live in a fixed location), I've removed them from the House info. -Afker 22:07, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
Bug spotted Edit
I try to move the Rance 6 to the Rance 6 nav, after saving the page, the template Rance series cover up most of the navgiation bar with green. I have restored it back again. what had happen ?
- Fixed -Afker 15:49, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Another Character spotted Edit
- Character Name: Aburame Dosan (油娘道三)
- Monk Unit
- Passive Skill 陰陽防御 Ying Yang Defense
- Movement 4
- Attack 7
- Defense 5
- Int 4
- Speed 7
- Exploration 7
- Negotiation 7
- Construction 5
Akashi Kazemaru vs Nogiku Edit
Yeah, on Historical Route
- After Demon Army arrived
- Before conquering Battleship Nagato
- After preventing Miki from becoming the Demon King
- Conquering other areas excluding Iga House & Takeda House which have been taken by Demon Army.
- Failed to get Hojo Soun & Nanjo Ran who have been killed by Suzaku
- Failed to get the Takeda House Generals.
- Demon Army soldiers includes Zombies.
- One of my units randomly get sick and unable to move for the current turn.
I just defeat her unit and defend unitl the end of the batte and ta-da. Btw it won't show whether you did capture her or not, directly after the battle, it will show the H-event of Nogiku . If you fail to capture her, it will directly show the Talk event between Orime & Masamune.
Also Ranmaru took more than 60 turns to see her H-scene ?
And also the event of feeding the Oda's monkey will hasten the awaken of Xavier ? Becoz when I do that everytime, I see events of Oda's monkey stealing something from other Houses and then suddenly Princess Aroma green and purple events appear. :o - Banisher 11:30, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- So was the Akashi House still neutral, or conquered by the Demon Army? Or youave you taken over the Akashi House but just didn't recruite Kazemaru or gave him back Hibachi? -Afker 03:40, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- Eh, then you just contradicted yourself... The original note says you need to give Kazemaru back Hibach in order to capture Nogiku, even though you don't actually need to use Kazemaru in battle. I think the original note you removed was correct. A LOT of people have had this problem and verified the solution on the internet... -Afker 22:03, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
On the accounts of significant contribution to the AliceSoft Wiki, and demonstration of competent knowledge of basic MediaWiki syntax, you have been promoted to Sysop. As a sysop of AliceSoft Wiki, you will be able to:
- Roll back a page, quickly changing a page back to before the most recent user edited it, often used when a page is vandalized
- Protect pages, in the case of recurring vandalism from multiple sources, or if there is a revert/edit war between two immature disagreeing parties
- Unprotect pages, in the case of a page being wrongly protected or if a long time has passed since the problem occured
- Delete pages, if a page was created that shouldn't have been
- Undelete pages, if a page was deleted that shouldn't have been
- Ban users, in the case of massive vandalism or highly disruptive behavior on the wiki (after warning)
- Unban users, if a user was banned that shouldn't have been, or if a long time has passed since the problem occured
Ideally you would never have to use any of these sysop powers, but they are granted to you just in case the world isn't perfect. Note that as a sysop, your opinions do not have more weight than an ordinary user or another sysop. Any discussion/debate between you and a random user, or between you and Afker, should be judged solely by the merit of the rational of the arguments.
Being a sysop does not require you to pay attention to problems on the wiki. The powers is yours to use or not use as you wish. Your only obligation is to not abuse the power given to you.
Once again congratulations on your promotion!
-Afker 17:40, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
Character "appearances" Edit
I think the individual character pages should be an integrated view of the individual's history, and not divided by individual games they appear in. Exceptions are when there are two different timelines where the character is quite different in the two (such as Oda Nobunaga in Kichikuou Rance vs the canonical Rance timeline), or guest appearances in other games. Right now some of the character articles seem to simply have per-game random trivia.
So for example, instead of having a section "Sengoku Rance" in Sill's article saying she got frozen, instead have a paragraph saying in the year LP0005 she traveled with Rance to JAPAN and got frozen. And for Gandhi instead of having a section "Rance 6" saying it was revealed that he used to blah blah blah, simply have a paragraph talking about his childhood.
Just some thoughts. -Afker 23:11, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
hmmm... For Sill's article, I am not too clear about her so that's why I put them in different sections, well if you got her character history, we can replace some of the game sections and just put in the character history but who will be doing the translating T_T. Also for Gandhi article, Not too clear on the childhood part as I just started learning japanese but understand some of the sentences he was saying.
About the redirecting the search to Gandhi, there are two Gandhis :o, and what if the person is searching for Gandhi's daughter and find the old man picture instead ? - Banisher
- Most people refer to the daughter by her first name (Magic) or full name (Magic the Gandhi). When "Gandhi" is used along, it typically refers to the daughter. The top of the dad's page points to the redirect page anyways, for ppl making that mistake. -Afker 21:37, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hey I want to bring up the "appearances" issue again. Usually the noun form "Appearances" when used on its own, refers to what the person looks like, or appears to be. It usually needs to be used with other words to mean "where the person appears". I would advocate to not give an entire "Appearances" section for the character, but rather just have a "Appears in:" and list the games as part of normal text, or make it part of the infobox. Your thoughts? -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 19:41, 13 May 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm... "Appears in" sounds fine to me. Errr... I still think make it part of the infobox is better. at least we can give our readers a better view of our character profile. - Banisher
Princess ?? Edit
What's with the Princess Black and Princess Sen? Can't it just be Senhime or Kurohime? - Banisher
- Well, "hime" isn't technically part of their name, it's part of their title (honorific) really... I'm gonna move "Princess Sen" to "Tokugawa Sen" (that's her real name), then have redirects point from Princess Sen, Sen Hime, Senhime etc to her. Princess Black is gonna stay though, because we don't know her real name. -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 07:18, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- I can understand "hime" is a title added to their name but about Tokugawa Sen 's title as Senhime and Tokugawa Sen is her real name, where did you get the source from ? - Banisher
Doing fine getting along with reality ^_^, What about you ? - Banisher
- Semi-hectic in RealLife(tm) while trying to keep the wiki going here d-: I'm trying to encourage ppl to make just a few small edits on a regular basis, so the wiki looks more alive, as opposed to coming back every few months to do big edits. The net addition to the wiki might end up being the same, but having activity regularily makes the wiki seem more alive (-: -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 09:35, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Heya, welcome back! BTW, nothing personal, but I really don't like the "Profile" section with bullet points )-: Compare that to the formats of this or this. I think bullet points are nice for things like a trivia section, but not really suitable as the main part of the article.
- Hmm.... Ok I agree with you about that. But I did that because firstly, I don't think we have the complete story or profile of Uesugi Kenshin in Sengoku Rance. Secondly I believe that bullet pointing the sentences in the profile will show what we have understood, summarized and complied about the character profile from playing the Alicesoft series and reading from the Alicesoft website.
- Regarding the character box, sorry about the confusion. I didn't intend to mean I want to model the infoboxes like those Wikipedia pages, those pages were only a reference for the main article structure. The main changes regarding infobox would be to eliminate the rows that pretty much will never get filled with any information at all. Other than that I don't have many thoughts yet, I'll try to develop infoboxes for other types of articles first (games, locations, group/factions etc).
- As for bullet point vs paragraph style, I see where you are coming from, though I think we don't really need her entire life history in order to write the paragraphs. I'd say using bullets for "showing what we have understood so far" can work at the "early" stage for "mysterious characters" where AliceSoft intentionally release very little information and keep us speculating. With Kenshin etc, even though we don't know every piece of her life, we already know enough to sufficiently characterize who she is in a coherent manner. Anyways, so the bullet style *can* work with certain characters (just not most of the regular people). Just my 2 cents (-: -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 18:25, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
LOL, What's with declutterizing ? - Banisher
- Having one section for each game a character appears in is too much clutter IMO. I am only using sections to divide character descriptions if it is two different versions of the character. -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 19:42, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Nanjo Ran Edit
i seem to be the only one having trouble here.
i cant seem to capture ran at all. i played through the game 3 times already and i still havent been able to catch this girl. beat her so many times and never capture.
is there a specific time when she can be captured?
anyone? anyone? i cant do the ran route because of this.
- Did you click on all her purple events ? There is a possiblity you missed them while clicking on other purple events. She will be automatically captured only after you have click on all her purple events and fought her. - Banisher
she has purple events BEFORE you capture her? i didn't see any. i did get the incidents where she talks with soujou but that's it. the last ones i saw was her summoning suzaku against me and soujou telling her about suzaku.
- Before that, I like to know whether is this your second playthrough and did you focus on attacking Hojo House just to get Ran - Banisher
yup it is. 2nd game already, started with character bonus elina and the permits. i beat hara, ashikaga then tokugawa and the hannys just to get to hojo. i beat almost all of the area's of hojo but i left 1 area in each province for them. whenever i fight ran in Saitama i always beat her, i have defeated warrior bonus and i use light attack and yet i still dont get to capture her.